Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Catching up

After a couple year haitus, I've revived this blog to focus almost solely on all things related to fly tying and fly fishing.  That's not to say something unrelated might not sneak it's way in....

So, what's new?  Well, just in the past month, I've purchased a brand new Sage Z-Axis 9'6" 8wt which will be my largemouth bass and redfish rod.  I contemplated many rods, from the TFO BVK (great rod, by the way!), the Orvis Hydros, and some of the mid-priced offerings from the premier brands.  But the closeout price of the Z-Axis was just too attractive to pass up, and it's one of the sweetest rods ever made.

On the tying front, I've been on a tear just in the past week.  3 dozen flies total since Saturday.  Red zebra midges, Copper Prince and Rubber Leg Hare's Ear make up the bulk.  I really need to improve my photography skills but here are some pictures from my cell phone.

Copper Prince:


Rubber Leg Hare's Ear


I'll continue to post more pictures of flies, and as a teaser, there's a fishing trip planned for the near future I'll post about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment