Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

How was Christmas at your house?  Lots of great food, fun family times, and some fly tying "stuff" here. And, some time off of work to spend at the vice.

I've been interested in saltwater flies lately, and my wife picked up Essential Saltwater Flies for a Christmas gift.  There's some great patterns, with variations for everything from bonefish to tarpon to striper.  It will definitely keep me busy for a while.

Here's my second attempt at a bendback.  The first was pretty plain, so I won't share it here.


This morning I ordered a bunch of new material, along with heavy saltwater hooks, from J Stockard.  So once those come in I'll post more pictures of flies, like Surf Candy, Deceiver, and some sand crabs for redfish and permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment